5 Reasons Why The Global Real Estate Market Will Change
03 DECEMBER 2013
SummaryIn October 2013 Lamudi (www.lamudi.com), the leading real estate classifieds player in emerging markets, launched operations in 13 countries worldwide. Now, the company already registered several million search requests worldwide. There are five reasons why the real estate market will change in Latin America, Africa and Asia:
1. Last year, the global Internet users accounted for 2.4 billion people, with growth mainly being driven by emerging markets. With its service, Lamudi supports this ongoing shift from offline to online and is a real game changer. Even in smaller markets like Myanmar, already more than 5000 real-estate agents are registered on Lamudi.
2. Searching and finding properties on the internet really has hit the nerve in emerging markets: Currently, website hits on all Lamudi websites increase by up to 97% each month.
3. Current user behavior shows, that the peaks for searching are not in the morning but between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. With Lamudi Alerts, people will never miss the latest news on any property again that meets their criteria and preferences. Checking newspapers every morning for properties is old fashioned and not needed anymore.
4. People have the opportunity to save the cost for the commission they normally have to pay brokers. Nearly 50% of the registered advertisers on Lamudi are no professional real-estate brokers.
5. Online real estate platforms like Lamudi ensure enable total price transparency and therefore ensure that both parties do not need to haggle about the price anymore. Users clearly know what they get for their money.
Sacha Poignonnec, Co-CEO of the African Internet Holding: “We are very satisfied with Lamudi’s development so far as we can already see a significant growth of sales in all the markets we operate in. Also, the amount of search requests scaled up rapidly with more than a million search requests in Africa alone in the past month. This new real estate platform makes enables a steady growing middle class to find the perfect property for their needs. We are very confident that Lamudi will change the way people are looking for properties.”
Whether people are looking for properties for rent or for sale, the internet platform Lamudi allows customers to easily find or sell their house, apartment, commercial property or land online. At the same time, property providers and agents get a trusted online presence through a personalized webpage.
Key characteristics of Lamudi are its diverse property offers, the intuitive website set-up and the high security standards to avoid fraud. The business platform operates under a high level of transparency through professional photos, updated listings, detailed descriptions, reports and rankings for 100% of its properties in each market. The Lamudi platform helps brokers to manage their inventory fast, easy and stress-free.
Lamudi Africa is part of the Africa Internet Holding (AIH). The AIH introduces and accelerates the online shift in Africa – for its people and its culture. AIH is the parent group of 6 successful and fast-growing ventures on the African continent: JUMIA, Zando, Kaymu, Hellofood, Lamudi, Carmudi, Jovago and Easy Taxi.
Lamudi was founded in 2013 and is currently active in Latin America, Africa and Asia. The service is currently available in: Algeria, Bangladesh, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, México, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Rwanda. The real estate marketplace offers sellers, buyers, landlords and renters the ideal platform to find homes, land and commercial property online.
For more information please visit www.lamudi.com
About Rocket Internet
About Rocket Internet
Rocket Internet builds and invests in Internet companies that take proven online business models to new, fast-growing markets. Rocket Internet focuses on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail and services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Its network of companies operates in a large number of countries around the world with more than 36,000 employees. Rocket Internet SE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ISIN DE000A12UKK6, RKET). For further information please visit www.rocket-internet.com.